tirsdag 9. februar 2016

Browns, autumn colours, old stash and a yummi new bundle!

What I'm working on these days are scraps, old fabrics ("fuglies..."), and some tidying up. 
How many times, or how often, does one have to go through all the stash, to systemize a.s.o?
Now I have got a new system, organizing from colour, except the Denyse Schmidt (which has to stay in a special place, and all the civil war fabric, which is also in its own place. 
And small scraps are getting ironed and put into boxes by colour. I absolutely have a soft spot for scraps!
February's colour is brown, and I have made a slab for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2016. 

Norsk tekst lenger nede i innlegget.


One of my nieces has turned 50, and I want to make her a quilt. She loves the autumn palette. What I'm aiming at is to use some of the old ..uglies and combine with some more modern, and make a Scrappy trip around the world, ala Bonnie Hunter.
And I have got  some very yummy low volumes from ModernQuilter at Etsy. The name is Abacus by Alison Glass for Andover Fabrics.These fabrics are not to be found in Norway, I think, as I have asked here and there.
Althoug I'm on a stash diet, I have to buy some basics....

Link to Scraptastic Tuesday.
Link to Oh Scrap.



No har eg hatt ånden nokre dagar til å rydde gjennom stoffa mine, for n'e gong. No har eg samla stoffa etter farge, med unnatak av civil war-stoffa og Denyse Schmidt-stoffa. 
Så stryk eg mindre restar og fyller dei i boksar etter fargetype. Det blir skikkeleg innbydande!
Når niesa mi rundar 50 og likar haustfargar, passar det godt å sy ein kvilt til henne av dei gamle stoffa, blanda med nokre meir moderne. Mønsteret eg er begynt på er Scrappy Trip around the World ala Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville.
Og til alle butikkane som ikkje tek inn Abacus av Alison Glass, det er veldig synd! Finare low volume- stoff skal leitast lenge etter. Eg måtte berre bestille frå Etsy og butikken Modern Quilter. Eg har no som regel å kjøpe mest mogeleg lokalt, men av og til må ein utom Noreg for å finne det ein vil ha (eg har spurt rundt um...)
Javel, korleis gjekk det med stoffdietten? Jau takk, det går fint, men litt basic må ein fylle på med, det er vel alle einige om!






1 kommentar:

Tusen takk for tilbakemeldinga di! Thank you for your reply!