onsdag 15. oktober 2014

Quilt-as-you-go!

Have you tried Quilt-as-you-go (QAYG)?

Jera Brandvig has written a very nice book. Look at her blog, http://quiltingintherain.blogspot.no/

She is now running a sew along from one of the patterns. I would love to make something from my modern stash, but then an idea struck me, why not use my old scraps and the fabric panel with wild animals, which I bought many, many years ago. Together with fleece I think it will be a nice gift for my dear one!



This is my oldest bag of scraps!
So fun to play with it...not kidding...


The 12,5" blocks will be sewn together the usual way, and afterwards there will be quilting only in the ditch between the blocks. 
Yes, it is addictive, and my Pfaff is a wonder, quick and easy with thread cutter.

 
Denne nydelege boka vil eg verkeleg anbefale, kvilt undervegs. Det er ein kjempegod måte å sy større og mindre prosjekt på. Her har eg funne fram den eldste posen med restar, pluss det gamle panel-stoffet med ville dyr. Med fleece på baksida trur eg at dette skal bli godt å kose seg under på kjølege dagar. 
Blokkene skal syast saman på vanleg måte til slutt, splitte og presse saumen, og kvilte i grøfta mellom blokkene.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Tusen takk for tilbakemeldinga di! Thank you for your reply!